Last Update: 23-Apr-2022
Owner and Data Controller
Alberta Reproductive Centre
Owner address: #201, 17203 103 Ave NW, Edmonton AB, T5S 1J4
Owner contact email: [email protected]
https://albertafertility.ca (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Alberta Reproductive Centre.
Personal Data We Collect
How We Use Personal Data?
Who We Share Personal Data With?
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it
- If it is required for any legal proceeding
- To prove or protect our legal rights
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company if we seek to sell the company
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data?
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data?
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of individuals with whom we interact in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
As such, we take great care to ensure your personal information is securely stored. Your personal information is held in confidence and access to this information is restricted to authorized personnel of Alberta Reproductive Centre only.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet can be insecure at times; therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected?
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer at [email protected]
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc.
- Third-Party Cookies: Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes: to track information about traffic to the Site and about how users use the Site, learn more about who visits our website, how our website is used, the popularity of certain parts of our website, and whether visitors return to our website.
Specifically, we use:
- Google Analytics: This program utilizes technologies to paint a picture of how you and our other guests use our Site. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our Site, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
To disable cookies, visit the Help menu within your browser. Each browser is different, but the menu will walk you through how to ensure your preferences are updated.
If you’d like to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, use Google Chrome to browse our Site and download their Google Analytics Opt-out extension.